It is embedded in a rubber adhesive mixture and covers the entire width of the ribbed belt. Fibre reinforced, wearresistant rubber compounds ensure quiet operation, oil and heat resistance and a long belt life.
The small minimum pulley diameters permit drives with high speed ratios as well as small drive volume requirements. Ribbed belts are well suited for use with back bend idlers, e.g. in serpentine drives.
- Very good dynamic power transmission capability
- Good coefficient of friction and high performance
- Low vibration and noise
- Withstands shock loads and short-term overload
- High belt speeds possible
- Can be used with back bend idlers, e.g. in serpentine drives