Timing belt – endless casting, with cams and coatings
The optibelt SRP timing belt with cast cams and coatings is manufactured in a single production step and used in conveying systems.
The polyurethane is cast between the core mould and the special outer mould with correspondingly increased internal diameter or special outer moulds with the desired contour for the cams.
By rotating the inner and outer moulds around the central axis, a shore hardness that differs from that of the teeth can be cast using a centrifugal casting process.
- Large number of cams within a small area
- Strong connection between cam and base belt
- Coatings with no butt joints, no binding in direction of travel
- Mould production allows small, coated belts to be manufactured
- Reproducible high precision
- Strong connection between cam/coating and base belt due to consistent cross-linking
- Finely formed cam geometry thanks to liquid cast polyurethane